Saudi launches Madinah mosque expansion project
Madinah, September 25, 2012
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah yesterday laid the foundation stone for the largest expansion project of the Prophet's Mosque in Madinah.
The King viewed two replicas of the project and he was briefed on it by the Minister of Finance, a Saudi Press Agency report said.
The current expansion will be implemented in three phases. The construction area will cover about one million square meters and and capacity of the mosque after the expansion will increase to 1.6 million worshippers, an official said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec