Kuwait Metro bids likely by year-end
Kuwait, September 26, 2012
Bids are likely to be accepted for the first phase of Kuwait's Metro project before the end of the year, an official was quoted as saying.
Study for the first phase is almost complete and awaits the approval of the Higher Committee for Government-sanctioned Projects ahead of accepting bids, Kuna news agency quoted director of the technical apparatus for development projects Adel Al-Roumi as saying.
The committee will hold a meeting next month to adopt and approve bidding papers, Al-Roumi told Kuna.
Al-Roumi said the Kuwait metro project needs vast infrastructure and as soon as the bid winner is announced, work on the project will begin in 2013.
The metro project is expected to be fully ready in 2020.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost