Meydan unveils two big Dubai projects
Dubai, October 3, 2012
Dubai-based Meydan Group launched two major new projects - the 5.08 million sq m Hadaeq Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid and Meydan Tower that will dominate the Sheikh Zayed Road skyline - at the Cityscape Global expo, sparking a new chapter in the group’s ever-growing vision.
Hadaeq Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid, introduced by Meydan, establishes a new community that is set to be the foundation in growing the group’s robust development catalogue, spanning a total 5.08 million sq m across the Nad Al Sheba landscape.
Announcing the launch, CEO Saeed H Al Tayer said, “As the strategic vision of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, Meydan has always sought to play an active role in growing Dubai’s famed urban landscape."
"Our projects have been designed to position Dubai at the forefront of innovation and progress and we look forward to furthering this vision with these signature developments," he stated.
The collection of neighbourhoods will be centered on ‘garden living’, with infrastructure designed to resemble modern residential locales that imitate those found in the English and French countryside and the Japanese gardens of the East.
Connected by canals and lagoons, the entire water network will run over 190,000 sq m alongside a horse riding trail, walking and jogging paths, bicycle track, and sports facilities offering a wealth of activity and leisure options for residents, he explained.
Meydan Tower, set to dominate the Sheikh Zayed Road skyline in Dubai, is the group’s first foray outside the iconic sporting, business and lifestyle destination Meydan City. The new property will offer residential, commercial and leisure options in one spectacularly designed tower in the heart of the emirate.
With planned office and retail spaces, serviced residences and a boutique hotel in addition to a select number of residential villas, all designed with a signature interior from a leading fashion brand, the tower is set to be an unprecedented community tailored to the needs of residents in Dubai’s focal business district, said Al Tayer.
The tower’s immense leisure component will boast one of the largest spa and fitness centres in the region featuring an indoor running track and tennis courts while the community tower will house nine pools as well as private and community Sky Gardens.
"The city’s social elite can expect stylish dining and socialising options in cafés and restaurants. The Club House, located on the top floor, will be home to a late-night Rooftop Nightclub experience with incredible vistas across the infinity pool roll over awe-inspiring city, beach and desert landscapes," he added.
The new projects are the latest and most significant announcements in the Meydan Group’s current dynamic pipeline that is steaming ahead with strategic development of four major residential, retail and business districts supported by a major Freezone in Meydan City.
According to Al Tayer, Meydan is set to attract significant interest from investors and developers around the world attending Cityscape with new projects that are all currently on track, featuring Meydan Business Park, Diamond Business Park, Meydan Heights, comprising 528 units of town houses and neighbouring amenities for Emirates Airline pilots and co-pilots as well as 63 Racecourse Villas.
Alongside the Meydan Group, the Sobha Group is showcasing its freehold Sobha City development featuring mixed use residential and commercial opportunities at Cityscape as an esteemed partner, recently taking more than 700,000 sq m of land from Meydan earlier this year.
“Our investors are our partners; they are an integral part of the advancement of the Meydan Group. We hope to grow this relationship base and seek to honour those who work with us as we build up the group’s real estate portfolio in the UAE,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna