SNC Lavalin wins Dilmunia power deal
Manama, October 21, 2012
Bahrain-based Ithmaar Development Company (IDC) has awarded the engineering consultancy services contract of the first 66kV primary substation on the Dilmunia Health Island to leading consultancy firm SNC Lavalin.
IDC’s chief executive officer Mohammed Khalil Alsayed said the contract followed a careful pre-qualification process where leading firms were invited ot submit their credentials and proposals for undertaking the required services.
“SNC Lavalin is a Canadian firm with a very good track record for such services and have been working closely with the Electricity and Water Authority (EWA) on similar projects,” he said.
He added that the signing of this contract allows electro-mechanical works to commence for the substation with a capacity of 48 MVA, which will cater for Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the Dilmunia development. The substation project works as a whole are valued at approximately BD5 million ($13.18 million). The substation is expected to be energized in Q3 2014 in coordination with EWA, enabling electrical power provision to Dilmunia before the end of 2014.
Dilmunia at Bahrain is a $1.6 billion mixed-use project built on a 125 hectare man-made island that has already come up off the coast of Muharraq in Bahrain. With a unique health and wellness theme, Dilmunia will include hotels, residential areas, leisure and shopping districts, providing residents and visitors with hospital facilities, spas and state-of-the-art wellness services in a resort-type environment. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing