Seef Properties net surges 56pc to $15m
Manama, November 13, 2012
Bahrain-based Seef Properties yesterday posted a substantial net profit of BD5.96 million ($15.58 million) for the first nine months of the year, a 56 per cent rise on the BD3.82 million for the same period last year.
The company's profit for the third quarter was BD2.76 million which included BD1.07 million realised from sale of land, in comparison to BD1.57 million in the third quarter last year, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
Seef Properties gross rental income reached BD6.38 million, up by 3.7 per cent for the first nine months of the year.
"The results achieved in the third quarter reflect well on our business strategy, which proved effective during challenging financial times," said chairman Shaikh Abdulla bin Khalifa Al Khalifa.
"We expect positive results in the last quarter of 2012, with many opportunities for growth.
"These investment opportunities will add to our existing portfolio of properties while we hope to develop our recently announced projects such as Muharraq Seef Mall," he added.
"We are pleased to report positive growth results for the third quarter of 2012, which is reflected in the footfall in our malls," said general manager Robert Addison.
"Management is focused upon the implementation of our growth strategy to create values for our stakeholders and we are optimistic that Seef Properties will continue its positive growth in the remainder of 2012, and beyond," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project