Drake & Scull inks $120m loan deal
Dubai, November 14, 2012
Drake & Scull International (DSI), a regional leader in integrated design, engineering and construction, has signed a $120 million loan deal to help pursue its growth plans in North Africa, Asia and other growth markets.
The five-year term loan financing will be split across an Dirham and US dollar tranche, said the Dubai-based company. Goldman Sachs International acted as the co-ordinator for the transaction, it added.
Emirates NBD Bank, First Gulf Bank and HSBC Bank Middle East joined as co-bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers, while Mashreq bank acted as a lead arranger.
The loan will help the company pursue its growth plans in North Africa, Asia and other growth markets, said a top official.
"It will also provide the liquidity to capitalize on various PPP (Private Public Partnership) projects which usually require participation from contractors in terms of investment, especially in the infrastructure sector," remarked Osama Hamdan.
"This transaction will allow us to strategically grow the operations, coverage and team of DSI by supporting key new areas of business such as our Oil & Gas, Rail and Asian operations. We will also focus on existing areas that continue to grow in importance globally such as Infrastructure and Water and Power,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project