Belhasa wins big Singapore, India contracts
Abu Dhabi, November 14, 2012
UAE-based construction services company Belhasa Projects said its sports and coatings division has won contracts worth more than $10 million in Singapore, India and Qatar.
Currently, the company is in the process of constructing a 9,600 sq m Rugby field in Centaurus Centre of Excellence in Singapore.
The award winning UAE firm said it will use Rhino Turf, a ‘state of the art’ range of synthetic turf products designed in the UK for the Rugby field. This is the company’s first project in Singapore.
Belhasa has also won a contract to construct 7,500 sq m running track for the Indian Navy at Kochi in the south Indian state of Kerala. Another project in progress is an indoor gymnasium for ACS Doha International School in Qatar, it added.
Commenting on the wins, CEO Suleyman Gary Busby said expansion into other markets was part of its strategic growth plan.
"This year our various business divisions have won several projects in Iraq, Maldives and Qatar. We have ongoing projects in India; and Singapore is another new market for us. Our Sports and Coatings division has seen increased demand this year and we are in the process of pitching for several other projects," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing
- Qatar announces massive bridges project
- $49m home loans approved in Bahrain
- BlomInvest sees Makkah project on track
- Dubai show to unveil top Indian projects
- Imdaad renews FM contract with sports complex