Major deals signed at Big 5 show
Dubai, November 20, 2012
Exhibitors from the UK, Qatar and the US announced signing of major deals worth millions of dollars at the recently concluded Big 5 construction show in Dubai.
The four-day event saw a total of 2,371 exhibitors, from 60 countries showcasing the latest products and technologies from across the building and construction industry.
The event has further propelled the event’s expansion across the Middle East and India, said Andy White, event director.
The positive outlook for the market has been reflected in the increased demand by suppliers to exhibit at The Big 5 Saudi, taking place in Jeddah in March 2013.
“The Big 5 2012 appears to have set a precedent for the market, and generated a significant amount of optimism and enthusiasm for the year ahead,” said White.
“Having such a well established reputation, with more than 30 years in the region, The Big 5 will see substantial expansion in 2013 with the launch of two new events and further growth of the Saudi event (9-12 March), which has doubled in size year-on-year since 2011.”
The Big 5 Construct India and The Big 5 Kuwait will both launch in September 2013, taking place from 2-4 in Mumbai and 16-18 in Kuwait City respectively.
“Two thousand and thirteen will very much be a milestone year for The Big 5, with two new events and phenomenal growth in Saudi,” concluded White.
The Big 5 2013 will take place from November 25 to 28 at the Dubai World Trade Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings