Doosan rolls out new powerful wheel loader
Waterloo (Belgium) , November 21, 2012
Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment, an industry leader in marketing of compact and heavy construction equipment, has launched the new generation DL550 wheel loader in the Middle East and Africa region.
The DL550 wheel loader is Doosan's top-of-the-range model in its new family of wheel loaders. It is also the company's largest and most powerful of the wheel loaders, said a company statement.
With a bucket capacity of 5.4 cu m, the DL550 wheel loader is designed to meet a wide range of material-handling needs from loading and transporting granular material (such as sand and gravel) to industrial, mining and quarrying applications, it stated.
A key feature of the new DL550 wheel loader is the Tier 2 12.7 litre Scania DC13 turbo-charged, air-to-air intercooled diesel engine, which is ideal for use in the Middle East and Africa, delivering ‘best in class’ power with a maximum output of 294 kW at 2100 RPM.
The high engine power output is combined with new ZF transmissions and several other features which, in addition to reducing fuel consumption, provide exceptional performance, high durability, ease of handling and serviceability, and significantly enhanced operator comfort.
The new DL550 wheel loader has three engine working modes: Eco, Normal and Power, to adapt the machine to different applications, with different engine speeds and gear steps according to the working mode engaged, the statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $16m road projects
- UAE office fitouts shifting to modular layouts
- Bahrain set to revamp fish market
- Bahrain issues 4,402 building permits in 5 months
- BIME awarded key Saudi contract
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery