Maalem plans mixed-use project in Bahrain
Manama, December 3, 2012
Maalem Holding, a Bahrain-based private holding company, is exploring various schemes to develop a unique mixed-use project on a strategically located land plot in the Seef district of the kingdom, said the company’s chairman.
“We are analysing assessments from our advisors,” said Matar Al Bloushi at a recent board meeting, adding that that the company is currently looking into number of projects in Bahrain and abroad.
“Bahrain remains one of the most established investment destinations in the region given its role as a financial centre and business hub in the gulf and its plans to strengthen the economy through the integration and promotion of dynamic and diversified sectors,” Al Bloushi said.
Commenting on the shareholder’s vision, Al Bloushi said: “With the support of our shareholders, we are eager to continue implementing our investment strategy in light of the changes in the market over the past few years by carefully reviewing investment opportunities with a vision to create a diversified portfolio across sectors and asset classes.”
“That said, these are exciting times considering the number of financially viable and distressed opportunities available in the local and regional market. I am sure Maalem will be playing an active role in capitalizing on the upcoming shift in market sentiments,” he added.
The company targets potential investments primarily in Bahrain as its base, in addition to other GCC Countries and international opportunities.
Established in 2008 as a closed shareholding company, Maalem Holding “Maalem” was founded by some of most prominent investment houses from across the GCC. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna