Saint-Gobain completes Sodamco integration
Dubai, December 19, 2012
Saint-Gobain Weber, a global leader in industrial mortars, said it has fully completed the integration of Sodamco Holding and its subsidiaries in the Middle East after acquiring a majority stake in the group three years back.
Established in Lebanon in 1985, Sodamco has grown to become a major player in the field of industrial mortars and concrete admixtures over the past years.
The company offers tile fixing, façade, flooring, premixed plasters, technical mortars, and waterproofing as well as concrete admixtures solutions under the flagship of Sodamco-Weber.
With the full integration of Sodamco, Saint-Gobain said its construction products have gained a strong foothold in the Middle East region, said a statement from the company.
The company continues to experience a very dynamic growth in the construction activity, real-estate and infrastructure developments, it stated.
A worldwide leader for habitat markets, Saint-Gobain said the move comes as part of its strategy which relies on expanding in developing countries and becoming the construction markets’ prime reference in providing sustainable and innovative solutions to save energy and protect the environment.
The company, which presently has around 600 employees, boasts of an annual turnover of $120 million and is a recognized as leader in the Middle East region with industrial presence in the Near East and Gulf regions.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing
- Qatar announces massive bridges project
- $49m home loans approved in Bahrain
- BlomInvest sees Makkah project on track
- Dubai show to unveil top Indian projects
- Imdaad renews FM contract with sports complex
- Hyundai Heavy wins $1.4bn Kuwait contract