Bahrain pipeline project on track
Manama, January 15, 2013
Samsung Engineering and their Bahrain subcontractors ECop are on track to complete the new 16 km-long deep gravity sewer (DGS) pipeline under the Muharraq Sewage Treatment Plant (MSTP) project by year end, said a report.
The MSTP project coming up in Hidd area of the Kingdom will also see a 891.25 metre long DN 1800 sea crossing, the longest in the Middle East being set up, the Bahrain News Agency said citing a senior Samsung official.
"The entire pipeline is a special once since it is laid under the sea," said the project director SD Min. “The pipeline connects shaft 47 to the pumping station. With this achievement, we have completed 52 per cent of the DGS pipeline," he added.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches waterfront luxury project
- Ebrahim Kanoo buys key plots at Manara project
- Arabtec wins $108m Saudi hospital contract
- Bahrain awards $16m road projects
- UAE office fitouts shifting to modular layouts
- Bahrain set to revamp fish market
- Bahrain issues 4,402 building permits in 5 months
- BIME awarded key Saudi contract
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer