Bahrain MEP summit sees $380m in deals
Manama, January 20, 2013
Business deals worth $380 million were concluded during the Arabian MEP Conference and Exhibition held recently in Bahrain, a report said.
There were also more than 3,500 visitors at the three-day show, in which nearly 100 exhibitors from Bahrain and the region took part, organiser Exposure Media managing director Sijo Joseph said, according to the report published in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
The event, at the Bahrain International Exhibition Centre, was held under the patronage of Works Minister Essam Khalaf.
Use of green technologies in the fields of mechanical and electrical engineering came under the spotlight at the event, which also highlighted the latest developments and trends in the fields of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning insulation, refrigeration and automation.
"The business that has been done is testimony to the fact that business in Bahrain is back on track after passing through a difficult period," he said.
"Visitors, not only from Bahrain but around the GCC, gave an impetus to the show, which had the blessings of the Works Minister.
"The support we received from the ministry was of great significance and was a major contributor towards making the show a success."
Bahraini company Kavalani & Sons was one of the major exhibitors at the event along with several leading companies from around the GCC.
Nehmeh, a leading provider of industrial solutions in Qatar & Bahrain, also took part and showcased the most advanced equipment and technology focussing on environment-friendly exhibits. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed