Nakheel aims for 2016 mall completion
Dubai, February 7, 2013
Leading real estate developer Nakheel Properties will start construction of the proposed Dh2.5 billion ($0.68 billion) integrated retail, dining, entertainment and hotel complex – Nakheel Mall – soon for completion in 2016.
The mall, which will be constructed in the heart of Dubai’s Palm Jumeirah, is already drawing interest from global and local retailers. It will cover more than 424,000 sq m – enough to house over 40 international football fields – including five retail levels and three basement parking levels.
It will include almost 100,000 sq m of retail space, 4,000 parking bays, a 1,000 sq m indoor garden and a 180 m high viewing deck with panoramic views of Palm Jumeirah and the Dubai skyline, a statement from Nakheel said.
The mall will contain nearly 200 shops, including a 4,200 sq m supermarket and two anchor department stores, a nine-screen cinema and six medical clinics.
There will also be an outdoor roof plaza with extensive food and beverage outlets, with additional restaurants and cafes – including a food court – inside the complex.
The project plan also includes a five star hotel – with direct access to Nakheel Mall – featuring 200 rooms, 200 apartments and a rooftop swimming pool, restaurant and lounge.
Ali Rashid Lootah, chairman of Nakheel, said: “Nakheel Mall will bring a new dimension to shopping, dining and leisure in Dubai. It will enhance the services and facilities available to residents of Palm Jumeirah, and provide an exciting new destination for people in across the UAE, including the millions of tourists who visit our country each year.”
Nakheel Mall is designed for easy access by various modes of transport. It will have its own Palm Jumeirah Monorail station, and will be directly linked to the Palm’s Marina Residences towers through a series of underground walkways. There will also be a three-level basement car park. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract