Pearl-Qatar fire station work begins
Doha, February 10, 2013
The Pearl-Qatar, United Development Company’s flagship island development, recently broke ground on its first fire station.
The event was attended by high Civil Defense officials as well as the chief executive officer and a group of UDC senior executives.
The station will service the island and its current residential and commercial occupants.
Work on the fire station is expected to be completed in January 2014, with a projected cost of approximately QR25 million ($6.80 million).
“This is an extremely important development for the community at The Pearl-Qatar,” Ebrahim Al-Sulaiti, chief executive officer of UDC said. “Along with reducing the demands on the stations now serving the areas closer to the island, adding an additional fire station would reduce response time and therefore bolster security measures and safety at The Pearl.”
While current response times for areas in the West Bay District and vicinity range from five to 10 minutes, the new station will reduce response time to areas at The Pearl to less than three minutes, meeting the highest of international standards.
The 2,000 sq m station will feature: three apparatus bays; 4-5 fire engines; 4 ambulances; a central command room; multi-purpose room for seminars and staff training; and five individual sleep rooms, each with a bathroom and shower. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project