Housing experts to gather for key summit
Abu Dhabi, February 20, 2013
Experts in housing construction and urban development from the government and private sector will meet in Abu Dhabi for the inaugural Future Housing Summit to be held from March 3 to 5 at the Westin Golf Resort & Spa.
The event takes place where the UAE is currently expanding its housing and residential infrastructure to meet local demand and investing huge amounts into new residential developments.
Conference sessions, case studies, panel discussions, construction updates and networking at this summit will provide a great opportunity for experts to gain insight into the current and future projects happening in the UAE and its housing sector.
The conference keynote speaker Abdullah Shamsi, executive director of infrastructure and municipal assets at the Abu Dhabi Municipality will give an overview of Abu Dhabi’s housing sector, the regulatory framework and key policies governing the sector and discuss prospects for Abu Dhabi’s housing developments.
Further presentations and panel discussions will cover key topics including; delivering enough housing to meet the rising regional demand and ensuring construction is aligned with local environmental standards.
“The Middle East is grappling with housing provision and affordability issues at all levels. This important conference will address long term housing sustainability issues – including economic, social equity and environmental considerations – and suggest viable solutions to meet the diverse needs of the populations,” said Rudayna Abdo, senior adviser, Otak International. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan