Works Ministry awards $12.2m tenders
Manama, February 21, 2013
Bahrain’s Works Ministry has awarded seven tenders worth BD4.6 million ($12.2 million) in January, and invited bids for four more worth BD2.3 million.
The seven tenders cover roads, sanitary engineering and construction sectors, assistant under-secretary for technical services at the ministry Ahmed Abdul Aziz Al Khayyat said.
The roads sector consisted of four projects including revamp work in Isa Town, while the sanitary engineering sector witnessed the awarding of Busaiteen Sewerage Network Project in Block 227.
Construction sector involved the awarding of the tent construction project at the Constitutional Court Building.
"Bids were invited for a number of projects in the roads sector, including revamp of Al Jasr Avenue and Road 601 in Block 306 in Ras Ruman, and re-construction of Bab Al Bahrain Avenue from Shaikh Abdulla Avenue to Isa Al Kabeer Avenue, which is worth BD365,000," said Al Khayyat.
"In the sanitary engineering sector, bids were invited for Al Hamala Sewage Treatment Plant, and also for sanitation depository yearly requirements and supplies, such as electrical, mechanical and cleaning materials and other accessories," added Al Khayyat. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna