Demand ‘rises for JLT properties'
Dubai, February 21, 2013
Cluttons, a real estate specialist, reports a substantial increase in demand in commercial and retail properties in Jumeirah Lakes Towers Free Zone (JLT) in the final quarter of 2012.
Jumeirah Business Centre 3 (JBC3), a recently completed 39-storey commercial tower, is an example of the success story of JLT in the past six months. JBC3 has attracted a number of international corporate tenants and this underlines the current appetite for JLT Free Zone as a leading location for new business formation in Dubai, it said.
Cluttons has noticed a significant shift in rental confidence towards the JLT Free Zone in recent months, noting that it has now become the fastest growing free zone in the UAE. To date, reports show 55,000 people are living and working within the development. Last year was a successful year for JLT Free Zone, with 2,033 new company registrations, a 33 per cent increase on the year before, with the majority coming from Asia, Australia and Europe, Cluttons said.
JLT Free Zone offers quality mixed-use freehold space, offering commercial, residential and retail property for sale and lease, with a wide variety of prices. The major advantage is JLT Free Zone’s strategic location on the Sheikh Zayed Road, connecting Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Access to Dubai's Metro also provides short commutes to Dubai International Airport and other business hubs, it said.
Cluttons has a long-standing relationship with Al Fajer Properties, and has recently worked with the leading commercial real estate developer, which launched JBC3 and specialises in JLT commercial properties, it said.
Al Fajer Property’s Jumeirah Business Centre also boasts some of the best views in JLT Free Zone, including two world class golf courses, The Montgomerie and The Emirates, the Marina and the city.
Paula Walshe, head of commercial at Cluttons in Abu Dhabi said: “We are pleased to see a revival of JLT Free Zone, which is attracting international-grade tenants due to its ability to offer high quality space in a very strategic location.”
The CEO of Al Fajer Properties, Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Al Maktoum said: “We have developed a unique product that is a cut above the rest especially in quality and value. Being a single landlord tower is one of our stronger points.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project