Nakheel’s new community centre fully leased
Dubai, April 3, 2013
All 6,000 sq m of available shop space at Dubai-based developer Nakheel’s new 8,700 sq m Discovery Gardens Community Centre has been booked by retailers and restaurants.
More than 20 local and international brands have signed up for the mall, due to open in early 2014.
Among them is anchor store Geant, which will take up more than 40 per cent (2,500 sq m) of the complex. Also on board is one of Dubai’s first authentic Chuck E. Cheese outlets: the American dining and children’s entertainment chain – one of 11 cafes and restaurants at the development – has taken nearly 1,000 sq m.
The community mall, primarily serving 24,000 homes in Nakheel’s Al Furjan, Discovery Gardens and The Gardens communities, will also feature a children’s nursery and a wide range of everyday convenience stores including a dry cleaners, a pharmacy, optician, games store, money exchange and ladies and gentlemen’s hair salons.
Confirmed eateries include Pizzaro, Wendy’s, Second Cup, Arabian Grill, Burger King, Texas Chicken, Chappan Bhog and The Exit.
Discovery Gardens Community Centre will have more than 200 car parking spaces. Construction is on track and is currently 35 per cent complete, a statement said.
Nakheel is also building a community mall serving thousands of residents in Jumeirah Park, Jumeirah Village, Jumeirah Islands and surrounding areas.
Jumeirah Park Community Centre, currently 40 per cent complete, is due to open by the end of 2013. It is already 100 per cent leased to 30 retailers, including anchor tenant Geant, nine cafes and restaurants a host of brand name convenience stores. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals