Abu Dhabi Midfield terminal deal for L&T
Abu Dhabi, April 4, 2013
The Transportation Infrastructure Business of L&T Construction has won an order worth Dh943.11 million ($256.7 million) for the development of the prestigious Midfield Terminal Complex in Abu Dhabi.
The contract, awarded by Abu Dhabi Airports Company, involves the construction of airside facilites of the MTC, said a statement.
Work on the MTC is part of the major expansion programme of the Abu Dhabi International Airport. It consists of a Midfield Terminal Building (MTB) and
related airside and landside work. The MTB will serve as the new gateway to Abu Dhabi.
L&T will build concrete hard stands for aircraft parking around the new Midfield Terminal
Building, including contact and remote stands. The airside works also include taxi lanes along the apron parking stands and link taxiway connections to the existing airside infrastructure with a tunnel on the airside, the statement said.
The major item of works for the airside include earthwork, concrete pavement, asphalt pavement with markings, drainage, general utilities, airfield ground lighting, gate services such as flood lighting, visual dock guidance system and structural works/systems for airside tunnel.
The project also includes aircraft fuel hydrant system, storm and portable water distribution line, chilled water distribution
system, medium voltage distribution sub-stations, communication network and fire main distribution system on the major utility segments.
The project will commence in April 2013 with a construction period of 28 months. The airport terminal complex is expected to be commissioned by 2017. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum