Saint-Gobain wins $200m Kuwait contract
Paris, April 10, 2013
Saint-Gobain PAM, a global leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials market, has clinched a 154 million euros ($200 million) contract to supply pipes and fittings for Kuwait Ministry of Electricity & Water.
The parent company of Saint-Gobain's Pipe Activity said the contract represents a total order of 120,000 metric tons of large-diameter ductile cast iron pipes for the Pont-a-Mousson plant in France.
The Az-Zour contract will be executed over a period of 15 months.
An initial order under the contract, worth $40 million has already been recorded, with delivery scheduled for the end of the second quarter, said a statement from the company.
A second order, worth around $80 million, should be executed in the second half of the year, it stated.
This contract reflects Saint-Gobain PAM's position as a world leader in drinking water supply systems - an area with considerable growth potential in the years ahead -, as well as its contribution to the Group's strategy through its ability to offer appropriate solutions to major societal and environmental challenges in both mature and fast-growing economies, the statement added.
Saint-Gobain's Pipe Activity, which employs 10,000 people around the world, generated sales of 1.6 billion euros in 2012.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar's retail spin-off plan 'won't affect rating': S&P
- Alargan HQ becomes Kuwait's first Leed project
- Tecom parks to become carbon-free zones
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City