New flyover set to open in Bahrain
Manama, April 15, 2013
The first phase of the BD90 million ($233.4 million) North Manama Causeway in Bahrain will open to traffic tomorrow, a top official said.
Vehicles coming from Mina Salman will be able to use the new flyover and turn right towards Muharraq, left towards Seef or straight towards the Bahrain Financial Harbour and Bahrain Bay, said a Works Ministry official.
"This will considerably ease traffic flow at the Diplomatic Area junction, which sees up to 150,000 vehicles a day," the spokesman said.
"At 1.42km in length, this will also be the longest flyover in Bahrain."
The spokesman said the entire project would be completed by the end of May when the flyover would open to traffic in the opposite direction. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property