Arabtec not interested in Drake stake buy
Dubai, April 16, 2013
Dubai builder Arabtec, which recently announced a $1.8 billion capital raise programme, is not interested in buying a stake in contractor Drake and Scull, the newly appointed chief executive said on Tuesday.
"No, we are not," Hasan Ismaik told reporters in Abu Dhabi when asked about Arabtec taking a possible stake in Drake.
Dubai's stock market has been trading heavily on stocks of both firms amid rumours of a possible deal.
However, Ismaik said that Arabtec will announce a joint venture with an oil and gas firm in the next few days. He gave no further details.
Arabtec will buy the remaining 40-per cent stake in Target Engineering it does not already own to expand into the oil and gas construction business, two sources with knowledge of the deal said. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property