Majaal holds BIW groundbreaking ceremony
Manama, April 18, 2013
Majaal Warehouse Company today held a groundbreaking ceremony at the construction site for the final phase of its initial $45 million development at the Bahrain Investment Wharf (BIW).
The project, designed by Mohamed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) and being built by Abdulaal Construction Services, is scheduled for completion by the first quarter of year 2014.
MSCEB is also providing site supervision services and Baker Wilkins and Smith (BWS) Middle East has been appointed to provide cost management services to the project, a statement from Majaal said.
Present at the ceremony were Ebrahim Abdulaal Al Fahad, chairman of ACS; Robert Kirby, general manager of ACS; Thamer M Salahuddin, vice president; and Sushil Kher, executive director of MSCEB; Rajadurai T, senior quantity surveyor for BWS; Yasser Abu Lughod, head of development; and Amin Al Arrayed, managing director for Majaal, along with other key members of the project team.
This ceremony follows the signing of a new long-term tenancy agreement with the Abudawood AlSaffar Company (ASC), the Bahraini distributor for global and regional producers of fast moving consumer good (FMCG) companies such as Procter and Gamble, Clorox International and Campbell’s Soup Company.
The facility will serve as ASC's new distribution centre, affirming Majaal's position as the preferred provider of industrial facilities in the Kingdom, the statement said.
The new building represents a quantitative shift for the company. Being significantly larger than the existing structures at Majaal, this facility will offer raised flooring and truck docking bays for easy on and off loading along with higher ceilings for increased storage capacity.
The development will span a land area of 252,000 sq ft, providing a total leasable area of 145,000 sq ft when complete.
Amin Al Arrayed, managing director of Majaal, said: “We are very pleased to again appoint Abdulaal Construction Services (ACS), a member of Ebrahim Abdulaal Group of Companies, a well-respected Bahraini firm operating since 1944, to construct these new facilities, in addition to the three buildings presently under construction which are nearing completion.”
“ACS has demonstrated skill, professionalism and reliability in their execution and delivery of the present project. As we sincerely value partnership, we are very pleased to be continuing our relationship with ACS as we proceed together on this new project.”
“We sincerely appreciate the confidence placed in us by Majaal with this appointment, as this will be our second project working together. Clearly we have met their expectations on the first development,” Al Fahad said.
“We are determined to continue to prove ourselves in delivering another top quality project, within the timeframe and with attention to detail and quality - all deliverables that we are extremely confident of achieving.”
Thamer M Salahuddin, vice president of Mohammed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB), said: “We are very pleased to be implementing a new and innovative warehouse building design prepared by our team for this Majaal expansion. We are pleased to see the realisation of the Majaal vision and will work hard with the team to ensure that the delivered building is everything we have planned for it to be. It is a privilege to be working together with such a professional team.”
Majaal is located within the Salman Industrial City at the BIW, providing easy access to Khalifa bin Salman Port and other major transport links in Bahrain, the statement said. Once this phase is complete, Majaal will offer over 400,000 sq ft of secure, flexible and cost effective storage space, more than triple the space currently available.
These small to medium-sized modern and flexible units can accommodate manufacturing, storage and office space within a single unit, making Majaal the ideal facility for startups and smaller companies or for existing companies eager to expand.
The high-quality industrial facilities at Majaal are complemented with array of services that include 24 hours security, state-of-the-art information communication technology provisions, assistance on efficient design and use of spaces available from 2,700 sq ft to as much as 10,700 sq ft. This is in addition to professional facilities management, and onsite forklift rental and logistics support. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract