RAK Properties posts $11m Q1 profit
Ras Al Khaimah, April 30, 2013
Ras Al Khaimah’s biggest property developer RAK Properties has registered a net profit of Dh40.1 million ($10.9 million) in the first quarter of 2013.
The net profit amounts to 27.29 per cent of the total 2012 profit, said the company which is listed on Abu Dhabi Stock Exchange.
Mohamed Sultan Al Qadi, the managing director and CEO of RAK Properties, said: “We expect further growth in our operations for the rest of the year, driven by the overall positive sentiment in the real estate sector in the emirate and the UAE in general.”
“The coming period is very promising as units in Mina Al Arab, Julphar Towers and RAK Tower in Abu Dhabi have shown accelerated demand as well as there is an increase in the number of retail outlets booking spaces in our projects,” he added.
RAK Properties has added a new line to the overall revenue model by developing retail complexes. As a result, leading retail names like ‘Choithram’, ‘Fitness First’ and ‘Costa Coffee’ have launched operations. The company is expecting more retail launches in the coming period.
RAK Properties is supporting Ras Al Khaimah Government plans to contribute to the development of the real estate and tourism sector in the emirate.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tecom parks to become carbon-free zones
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project