Aviation giants eye $150bn Iraq projects
Baghdad, May 4, 2013
Global aviation industry giants will be in Iraq this September to attend a major industry event and also tap the vast growth potential in the country's burgeoning aviation industry which is witnessing massive investments to the tune of $150 billion, said experts.
Third annual Iraq Airport, Aviation & Logistics Show will be held from September 25 to 26 at Baghdad International airport.
Significant steps towards the reconstruction of the civil aviation sector have been taken by the state authority, said the event organisers, Arabian Reach.
The event will provide an insight about $150 billion worth of airports, aviation & logistics infrastructural projects currently underway in Iraq and will offer an unrivalled combination of high quality networking and business development opportunities in the country, they stated.
There is more positive hope and huge prospects for long-term growth and this year's show will reflect the enthusiasm and interest among the buyers and suppliers of technology and services from across the world, said the organisers.
In his comments, Iraq Minister of Transport Hadi Al Ameri said the government had a clear vision and plan to develop world class facilities as well as a strong strategy for rebuilding Iraqi Airways as an international airline.
"Iraq's major airports infrastructure enhancement program is underway and provincial governments are upgrading existing airports as well as planning the construction of new airports to cater the growing demand," he stated.
"The objectives of lraq's transport development plan will address the capacity, integration and security of the existing network, as well as developing cargo transport to boost the sector's contribution to gross domestic product," he added.
Welcoming international suppliers to the event, Al Ameri said Iraq will require both expertise and funding from the private sector to execute the many planned transport projects.
"The presence of high profile panel of senior decision makers from the government and the suppliers will make the event a must attend as the Iraq Airport, Aviation & Logistics Show will be your check in point and the gateway to enter in to a highly emerging lucrative business market," he added.
Iraq Airport Show will be a tremendous success commercially. Over 70 exhibitors and more than 3000 trade visitors, ministry officials and diplomats are expected to attend the event, says Raj Menon, principle host at Arabian Reach.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna