Bahrain taps British technology for housing
London, May 5, 2013
Bahrain will be harnessing British technical and engineering know-how to promote major social housing projects, with the first three providing 4,000 new homes, a report said.
Housing Minister Bassem Al Hamer signed a co-operation agreement with Prince Charles Foundation chief executive Hank Dittmar in the presence of senior officials, according to the report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The minister also met the British heir apparent and conveyed greetings from the leadership and the government.
He also delivered to Prince Charles a letter from His Majesty King Hamad on bilateral relations.
Under the agreement, the ministry will benefit from the expertise of the foundation in promoting social housing projects for Bahrainis.
The deal follows directives from the King on bolstering co-operation with the Prince's Foundation for Building Community.
The London-based enterprise will supply the ministry with technical and engineering consultancy and help brush up the skills of Bahraini human resources. The foundation will co-ordinate with government departments in Bahrain to design and execute three housing blocs in the Southern Governorate.
The scheme will feature 4,000 units along with infrastructure components and comprehensive services. It will then be expanded to include the other governorates across Bahrain.
A technical team including 12 Bahraini engineers will take part along with foundation experts in designing the project blueprints. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract