Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel
First hotel of key Makkah project to open in Q3
Dubai, May 9, 2013
Saudi Arabia-based Abdul Latif Jameel Real Estate Investment Company (ALJREIC), a leading property development company, is set to open the first hotel of Makkah’s Jabal Al Ka’aba project during the third quarter of 2013.
The Anjum Hotel is part of the first phase of the project, which is poised to add a total of 7,000 hotel rooms upon completion of a cluster of hotels in the coming few years.
Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel, chairman of ALJREIC, said: “Our SR10 billion ($143 million) investment into the Jabal Al Ka’aba project in Makkah is aimed at further strengthening the travel and tourism infrastructure in Saudi Arabia.”
“The Anjum Hotel, which is the flagship hotel of Anjum Hotels, is being built at a cost of SR4 billion and is set to open its doors to religious travelers during the third quarter of this year.”
Anjum Hotel will offer 1,743 rooms and suites upon completion, along with a wide range of Sharia-compliant hospitality services, based on global standards.
It reflects a new hotel concept in Saudi Arabia, presenting a perfect combination of Hijazi genuine hospitality and true spirituality. The high-profile hotel is just walking distance from the Holy Haram with an exit and tunnel connected directly to the new, King Abdullah gate, providing guests with unrivalled access to Al-Masjid Al-Harām.
“Our participation in the Arabian Travel Market 2013 in Dubai is part of our marketing strategies that are aimed to help us achieve industry excellence and leadership. During the event we showcased the exclusive services and amenities of our 5-star Anjum Hotel that is designed to meet the needs and expectations of religious travelers from all around the Islamic world,” Jameel added.
Anjum Hotel offers an array of exclusive services such as a Manasek Desk to assist guests throughout their religious experience and Kids World featuring a specialised, trained team to look after children between the ages of three and seven.
It will also feature Azad Floors and lounge which offer premium services to guests and 26 air-conditioned elevators, each with a 16-guest capacity. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes