DWC to build new agent warehouses
Dubai, May 18, 2013
Dubai World Central (DWC), the world’s first purpose-built aerotropolis, has announced new developments at its Logistics District, including the start of construction on the fourth complex of agent warehouses.
Covering a total area of almost 8,700 sq m, with 5,443 sq m for warehouses and 1,373 sq m for office area, the new agent warehouses will be open for leasing in the first quarter of 2014.
The development will include amenities catering to new and existing customers from different industries that want to expand their business activities in DWC.
DWC further announced that it is now developing a new logistics park within the Logistics District, comprising warehouses, offices and amenities.
The logistics park will be completed in the first quarter of 2015, offering a total built-up area of 34,000 sq m while facilities will have a minimum area of 1,000 sq m.
To improve the efficiency of the free zone operations, DWC also announced that it will be developing a fully dedicated customer inspection yard at gate 4, in conjunction with Dubai Customs. The new facility, which will include truck scanning machines, will enhance operations in the current customs inspection facility and is designed for both normal and temperature-controlled cargo.
Rashed Bu Qara’a, the chief operating officer, Dubai Aviation City Corporation, said: "DWC is catering to the evolving needs of our clients by developing the next phase of facilities that support the growth and expansion of companies operating within aerotropolis."
"The fourth complex of the agent warehouses and the development of a new logistics park are crucial elements in our long-term expansion strategy as a new wave of investors and multinationals are now preparing to set up operations within the Logistics District," stated Bu Qara’a.
"By providing an integrated platform catering to the requirements of businesses from various industries, DWC remains the ideal destination for investors, entrepreneurs and businesses that are looking to capitalize on emerging opportunities in the global marketplace," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Dubai World Central consists of 8 fully integrated districts, helping drive business in different industries, including aviation, logistics, commercial, real estate and exhibitions.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high