Bahrain awards $16m road projects
Manama, May 25, 2013
Bahrain has awarded nine major road and construction contracts worth BD6.17 million ($16.2 million) in April besides inviting bids for six new tenders, said a senior government official.
Bahrain Works Ministry technical services assistant under-secretary Ahmed Al Khayyat said these tenders covered the roads, sanitary engineering and construction sectors.
Three tenders were for road projects including the implementation of safety barriers along Sehla Avenue, which was awarded to Eastern Asphalt and Mixed Concrete Company at a cost of BD449,076, said the senior official.
The remaining two tenders covered the implementation of the remaining BD3,362,603 works in Sitra Bridge (awarded to Al Hassanain Copmany), and the BD178,558 re-construction of Bab Al Bahrain Avenue from Sheikh Abdulla Avenue in the North to Isa Al Kabeer Avenue in the South (awarded to Mohsen Haji Ali Group).
According to Al Khayyat, the 11 tenders worth BD8 million were also likely to be finalised in the coming weeks.
The Sanitary Engineering Operation & Maintenance Consultancy Services Project, related to the preparation of the operational processes procedures booklet has been awarded to Hyder Consulting Middle East at a cost of BD281,921 for a period of 9 months.
‘The upgrade and transfer of digital information from Lookout 0.5 to Lookout 2012 was awarded to Salmik at a cost of BD33,978,’ he added.
In the construction sector, the cleaning works project worth BD414,948 at the Gudaibiya Palace was awarded to Marble Maintenance Company, while the engineering consultancy services contract for Gudaibiya Palace’s Garden Project was awarded to Landscape Solutions Consultancy for BD23,040.
The contract for new administrative building for the Council of Representatives at Gudaibiya Palace worth BD1.04 million, was awarded to Al Hidaya Contracting & Construction, said Al Khayyat.
The final project in the construction sector is the building of an external fence, a guard’s room, and a parking lot at the Survey & Land Registration Building in Seef District at a cost of BD391,481, which was awarded to Jalal Al A’ali& Sons.
"These projects aim to provide a high quality infrastructure that supports economy in the Kingdom and also enhances the quality of services provided to the people of Bahrain," stated Al Khayyat.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project