Diyar projects on track
Manama, June 6, 2013
Projects that are a part of Diyar Al Muharraq, the biggest urban development in Bahrain, are moving forward on schedule with many of them set for completion in the months ahead, the company's top official said.
After a site visit along with senior officials to review progress on the ongoing projects, chief executive Dr Maher Al Shaer affirmed that standards of industry and delivery schedules have been consistently maintained, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News.
"We are deeply committed to making Diyar, an outstanding example of best practices and high standards," he said.
"The objective of the visit was to assess progress and study the ongoing work, and I am pleased to report that all criteria continue to be maintained. Work progress has been exciting and the response we have received from the public and investors has been very encouraging.
"Construction work on 340 villas of Diyar Homes phase one is progressing as per schedule. The launch of sales for around 180 villas in Diyar Homes phase two will happen during the coming months.
"The Shaikh Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa Mosque is presently under construction and scheduled to be completed before the end of this year." he said.
"Three new beaches, including a public, a family and a private beach, are completed and now ready for use," he added.
"For the remaining five beaches under progress, the pre-beach construction work is over. Once completed, 40 kilometres of beachfront will be available.
"The Dragon City is presently in the detailed design stage. It is planned that the space will be entirely pre-leased to leading retailers and tenants from China and Bahrain," he said.
"Construction on the project is expected to begin soon, on a property of 114,000 sq m on the South West area of the masterplan. Launched mid-January this year, the Sarat integrated residential community is planned on varying plot sizes and open for purchase by Bahrainis," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings