Piling works under way for tallest tower
Jeddah, June 24, 2013
Piling works are currently being undertaken for the world’s tallest tower in Jeddah by Saudi Bauer Company.
The more than 1,000-metre tower is being built at a cost of over SR4.6 billion ($1.3 billion) by the Jeddah Economic Company, headed by Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC).
Prince Alwaleed recently toured the project site and was briefed on the construction plans. He also headed the fourth board of directors meeting of Jeddah Economic Company in Riyadh.
Prince Alwaleed updated the board on the final agreement with Four Seasons relating to operating the luxury hotel in the tower.
Eng Waleed Batterjee, chief executive officer, Jeddah Economic Company (JEC) briefed the board on the status of the project. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing