Abu Dhabi invites bids for museum district
Abu Dhabi, July 24, 2013
Abu Dhabi’s Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC) has invited contractors to prequalify for the main infrastructure works for the museum district at Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi.
The project will include road works, utility services and major infrastructure elements servicing the individual plots within the Cultural District, as well as providing access to the district from the Sheikh Khalifa Expressway located close by.
The infrastructure project will support the Cultural District, located 500 metres off the coast of Abu Dhabi, which will include the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, Louvre Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Zayed National museums as well as a performing arts centre. On completion, Saadiyat Island will be an international tourism destination, which will be home to 145,000 residents.
The prequalification invitation is open to UAE-registered contractors who have experience in carry out similar projects and who are listed in the “special” category for infrastructure works with the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development.
Prequalification documents are due for submission by August 6. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing
- Qatar announces massive bridges project
- $49m home loans approved in Bahrain
- BlomInvest sees Makkah project on track
- Dubai show to unveil top Indian projects
- Imdaad renews FM contract with sports complex