The Abdali Mall project.
URC secures $80m loan for Amman mall
Amman, July 31, 2013
United Real Estate Company (URC), a leading real estate development company in the Mena region, said it secured a $80 million long term loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) for its Abdali Mall project.
The project is an energy-efficient retail and entertainment centre with built-up-area of over 227,000 sq m in the new downtown area of Amman.
URC’s CEO and chairman Mohammed Ahmed Al-Saqqaf said: "United Real Estate Company and its subsidiary Abdali Mall Company are proud to announce this partnership with EBRD. URC's Abdali development will contribute to the heart of the area of Abdali in Amman and will stimulate the Jordanian economy through job creation and diversity and inclusion initiatives.”
EBRD president Suma Chakrabarti said: “Investing in this project is of a very high importance as it will support the urban regeneration of this area of Amman by helping to create a new central business and commercial district and stimulating further investment, setting Amman as a new business hub in the region.”
The Abdali Mall development will be based on advanced sustainability techniques such as natural heating and cooling, usage of natural light throughout the building, large scale waste water recycling, advanced resource efficiency techniques, and the implementation of best international practices in asset management.
Tenants are expected to begin their fit-outs in Q3 2014 in preparation for the mall’s opening in Q1 2015. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar unveils luxury homes in ‘BLVD Crescent’
- Emaar's retail spin-off plan 'won't affect rating': S&P
- Alargan HQ becomes Kuwait's first Leed project
- Tecom parks to become carbon-free zones
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts