KAEC, Al-Hareth sign deal for Industrial Valley
King Abdullah Economic City, August 4, 2013
King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC) recently signed a contract with Salem Saleh Al-Hareth (SSH), a top Saudi trade and contracting company, to perform grading and earthworks for the second phase of the Industrial Valley.
The project was awarded for a cost of worth SR66 million ($17.6 million) and is scheduled to be completed by February 2014.
The signing contract was between Fahd Al-Rasheed, managing director and CEO of KAEC and Leslie Jameson, general manager of SSH.
"Salem Saleh Al-Hareth (SSH) was selected among other contractors because of its long experience and in-depth knowledge in infrastructure, its insurance for speed of delivery, maintaining the highest degree of accuracy, reliability and complying with the highest international standards,” said Al-Rasheed.
"KAEC supports investors and venture capitalists willing to invest in the Industrial Valley with a variety of owning and long-term leasing options. This enables them to benefit from many of the main services offered by the city, for instance, the ease of issuing permits and licenses, and the possibility of providing qualified manpower through training centers for Saudi talents.
“The availability of housing solutions within the vicinity of the Industrial Valley and the direct link with King Abdullah Seaport makes the Industrial Valley a global logistical hub and an access point to reach about 250 million consumers in the Middle East and North Africa, not to mention the availability of Haramain Railway station in KAEC and the future land bridge,” he added.
King Abdullah Economic City recently launched phase II of the Industrial Valley on an area of 22 million sq m after the completion of the 3.5 million sq m phase I development with all infrastructure. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals