New housing projects on track
Manama, August 12, 2013
Fifty-seven new housing projects worth BD169 million ($448 million) have been put out to tender or awarded this year.
A Housing Ministry report said last night these projects will offer 1,530 housing units in addition to 4,644 units under construction to meet applications on waiting lists, told the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
The total number of units under construction or to be put out to tender has reached 6,174. Construction projects have been awarded to 102 contractors while 47 contractors were entrusted with infrastructure work.
The number of housing units for distribution in 2012 and 2013 reached 5,431.
The report provided details on each governorate’s share of the housing projects, future housing projects across the kingdom and implementation of major projects, including Northern City, Eastern Hidd City, Eastern Sitra City and the Northern Governorate’s housing project. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing