Saudi signs $1bn deals for housing projects
Riyadh, August 19, 2013
Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Housing has signed contracts worth SR4 billion ($1.066 billion) to develop eight residential districts in different parts of the kingdom, a report said.
About 40,000 homes will be built under the contracts, the Arab News report said. The new projects would be ready within 24 months.
The report quoted Housing Minister Shuwaish Al-Duwaihi as saying 26 million sq m of plots would be developed in Jeddah, Madinah, Dammam (North and South), Al-Ahsa, Qatif, Tabuk and Al-Kharj under the project, which will house 250,000 people.
King Abdullah had earlier allocated SR250 billion to construct 500,000 low-cost homes to solve the country’s housing problem.
“We’ll sign more contracts in the coming months to build homes in Asir, Najran, Baha, Makkah, Riyadh, Qassim, Hail, Al-Jouf, Northern Border Region and Tabuk,” said Al-Duwaihi.
All new projects will have advanced infrastructure facilities including water, electricity and sewage systems in addition to schools, mosques and health centres.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan