TDIC invites bids for Guggenheim museum
Abu Dhabi, August 19, 2013
Abu Dhabi's Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC) has invited pre-qualification bids for the main contract works for the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi Museum.
The museum, with an approximate built-up area of 80,660 sq m in the Cultural District of Saadiyat, will be a dynamic institution devoted to the acquisition and display of modern and contemporary art, said a notification.
The main contract works will include concrete substructure, concrete superstructure, structural steelwork, glulam timber structure/glazed cladding to the ‘cones’, mechanical, electrical and plumbing works, vertical transportation, specialist security installation, fit-out works and external works, it said.
The criteria for interested companies include recent experience on similar projects; registered construction company with the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development ‘Special’ Category classification; a minimum turnover for construction activities of Dh1 billion ($272 million) in each of the last three years; completed three projects each in excess of Dh1 billion in the last five years; and be prepared to submit a lump sum construction works tender under a single stage competitive tender process.
The deadline for submission of the Pre-Qualification Document is September 8, said the notification. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing
- Qatar announces massive bridges project
- $49m home loans approved in Bahrain
- BlomInvest sees Makkah project on track
- Dubai show to unveil top Indian projects