New city project planned outside Makkah
Makkah, August 26, 2013
A new residential and administrative city is set to be developed outside Makkah to accommodate more than 600,000 people, said a report.
The Makkah Gate Project will be built on the Makkah-Jeddah Highway and will have 45 model districts, Makkah Mayor Osama Al-Bar was quoted as saying in the Arab News report.
The 83 million sq m project, which will be developed with private sector support, will include educational institutions, government offices, shopping centres, housing units and a national park, said the mayor.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower