5 groups submit offers for Oman Rail contract
Muscat, August 27, 2013
Five groups led by prominent international consultants have submitted offers for a contract to provide project management consultancy (PMC) services for the Oman National Railway Network (Oman Rail) project, said a report.
They were among a total of 29 companies that had collected tender documents for the work, said the Oman Daily Oberserver report.
The project involves the construction of the 2,244 km-long network extending from Buraimi in the north to Salalah in the south, said the Oman Daily Observer report.
The successful bidder will play a pivotal role in the overall execution of the venture and is expected to work alongside the Omani government and its representative institutions well after the rollout and successful launch of the network.
The role of the PMC will include consultancy services for establishing an Oman Railway Organisation, reviewing the design of the network and the activities of the Preliminary Design Consultant, besides the review of the contract process, contract management and construction supervision, and project management services, said the report.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation