Saudi, UAE lead $1.5trn GCC projects market
Dubai, August 29, 2013
Saudi Arabia and the UAE are at the forefront of the $1.5 trillion GCC construction market with projects estimated at $629 billion and $494 billion respectively, a report said.
To support every sector of the industry, The Big 5, the leading construction and building event which has been taking place in Dubai for more than 30 years, has expanded its product zones for 2013 with the addition of Building Interiors, said the report in Arab News.
The new zone will feature products related to kitchens and bathrooms, ceramics and fittings and also showcase the latest products from across the Middle East as well as from Italy, Spain and Greece.
"We regularly host focus groups and meet with our advisory board members who help us each year to build an event that is relevant for those professionals who influence the procurement of construction products," said Andy White, group event director was quoted as saying in the report.
Running from November 25 to 28 at Dubai World Trade Centre, The Big 5 will gather more than 2,500 exhibitors from 65 countries, as well as more than 60,000 construction industry professionals.
Middle East Concrete and PMV Live, events dedicated to the concrete and machinery sectors, will run in parallel with The Big 5.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal
- Swicorp plans $266m Saudi property fund
- Atkins to supervise $600m project in Oman
- Damac raises $348m in London share sale