Drake wins $68.3m Abu Dhabi contract
Abu Dhabi, September 11, 2013
Drake & Scull International (DSI), a leading regional contractor, said it has won a Dh251 million ($68.3 million) engineering contract for a major government facility in Abu Dhabi.
The scope of the contract includes electro-mechanical works of the hardscape and landscape components of the facility scheduled to be completed in 2014, saida statement from the Dubai builder.
The recent award in Abu Dhabi marks a series of impressive contract wins in the emirate including the Iconic Fairmont Hotel and the Louvre Museum announced earlier in the third quarter.
Commenting on the win, CEO Khaldoun Tabari said Drake & Scull has managed to secure Dh6.1 billion worth of contracts across the region year to date.
"Abu Dhabi continues to add momentum to our growth strategy in 2013 and we aim to further cement our strategic position in this promising market that represents lucrative potentials to our business streams across all sectors," he remarked.
According to him, DSI continues to enhance and strengthen its services offering with unmatched vertical integration and global footprint.
The company successfully achieved total revenues of Dh2.567 billion and total net profit of Dh114.9 million for the first half of 2013 ended June 30.
"We remain optimistic on our growth prospects in the second half of the year and our focus remains on delivering on our record high backlog standing at Dh11.7 billion as of June 30, 2013," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna