27 global developers vie for Cityscape awards
Dubai, September 12, 2013
A total of 27 global real estate developers will present their projects to a panel of 12 judges next month in Dubai for the final judging round of Cityscape Awards, one of the world’s most reputable property awards.
Shortlisted out of 283 nominations from 22 countries, the architects and developers of each project will compete for the Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets, with the final winners being celebrated at a ceremony on October 9 at Dubai’s JW Marriott Marquis Hotel.
The final selection round for the awards in 2013 will be on October 7, where finalists will have the opportunity to showcase face to face the latest innovations in emerging real estate markets to the expert panel of judges.
Comprising 12 categories, the Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets will feature alongside Cityscape Global, the Middle East’s largest and most influential international real estate event, taking place from October 8 to 10 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
The shortlist of projects includes property developments from China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Malaysia, Mozambique, Qatar, Singapore, Turkey and the UAE. The finalists also include winners from previous Cityscape Awards events within the last 12 months held in Qatar, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia.
“The quality of the nominations for the Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets this year was as high as ever and showed diversity in both sector and location demonstrating a true representation across the emerging markets,” said Chris Seymour, partner and head of property & social infrastructure at consultancy firm, EC Harris, and a member of the judging panel this year.
“Strong entries from Turkey, India and the Far East complimented those from the Middle East with well thought and intelligent developments. The judging day on 7 October will give the panel an opportunity to meet the project teams face to face and will assist greatly in the selection of the winners from what is evidently a strong field of shortlisted projects.”
The 12 award categories include completed projects and projects that are either still in the planning or construction phase across the following sectors: Commercial & Mixed Use Project; Leisure & Tourism Project; Community & Culture Project; Residential Project; Retail Project; and Sustainability.
The 2013 Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets are supported by Headline Sponsors Flash Properties and Axor by Hansgrohe.
Now in its 12th edition, Cityscape Global 2013 has attracted more than 200 international and regional exhibitors covering 25,000 sq m of exhibition space. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project