Marina West property owners plan meetings
Manama, September 24, 2013
Property owners waiting for their new homes at the Marina West project in Bahrain will soon hold three decisive meetings, aiming to keep the pressure on developers who failed to hand over the units by December 2010.
The meetings will be held in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, Marina West property owners committee sources told our sister publication Akhbar Al Khaleej.
The owners are from 28 nationalities, including 33 per cent Saudis, 20 per cent Bahrainis and 13 per cent British, in addition to investors from Middle East, Asia, Europe, the US and Australia.
The Gulf Daily News (GDN) last month reported that a group of more than 400 Gulf, Arab, Asian and European buyers, who invested in the project to buy 500 housing units, have not received their homes despite filing cases in local courts, submitting two petitions to the government and holding talks with Shura Council and parliament members as well as official and semi-official institutions.
Owners’ committee co-ordinator Hassan Al Hussain also said that the group had already paid 80 per cent of the price of the homes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals