Dubai Holding, Emaar unveil huge waterfront project
Dubai, October 7, 2013
Dubai Holding and Emaar Properties have signed a joint venture agreement to develop The Lagoons, a magnificent waterfront city that will define the ambitious new face of Dubai’s future, within Mohammed Bin Rashid City (MBR City).
A master-planned city for tomorrow’s youth with state-of-the-art technology networks, the project is spread over an area of 6 million sq metres, said a statement from Emaar.
Over three times the size of Downtown Dubai, the integrated development creates a dynamic environment for tomorrow’s world, and takes into account the rapidly evolving lifestyle aspirations of the tech-savvy and connected youth community, it stated.
Inspired and built by the banks of the Dubai Creek, the historic source of the city’s development and the cradle of Dubai’s heritage, this prestigious project will bridge modernity with tradition, by upholding the core values that have shaped Dubai as a cosmopolitan hub that is home to over 200 nationalities.
In a joint statement, Emaar chairman Mohamed Alabbar and Dubai Holding CEO Ahmad Bin Byat, said: “Dubai has always been a forward-looking city, and today, as we enter our next phase of growth led by our youth, it is important that National Champion companies such as Dubai Holding and Emaar work jointly to launch projects that are important to boost the city’s future development."
"As the city further underlines its credentials as a global hub by welcoming professionals and entrepreneurs from around the world, and led by the Dubai Tourism Vision to record 20 million visitors by the turn of the decade, it is important to continue to build our world-class infrastructure to meet future needs," the officials remarked.
The project, which will be a new catalyst for growth and create robust opportunities for commerce and entrepreneurship, will set new benchmarks in urban development, with its focus on the tech-savvy and connected youth population who are taking centrestage in driving Dubai’s impressive growth, they stated.
We are thus creating a vibrant destination that will not only address their lifestyle requirements of modern retail, entertainment and hospitality, but also connect them to their Arab heritage. This prestigious development fulfills Sheikh Mohammed’s vision by creating a world-class infrastructure that will firmly establish Dubai as one of the Top 10 global cities by 2020, said the top officials.
"Truly world-class in design, it will be an inspiring work, play and live environment with several iconic developments, further driving the city’s growth," they added..
At the heart of the project is The Dubai Twin Towers, a mixed-use iconic development that defines a new skyline for the city, and is envisaged to join the rank of the world’s most prestigious skyscrapers, said a statement from Emaar.
The fully integrated community brings a new aspirational lifestyle with a central business district, an entrepreneurial zone, cultural amenities, residences, premium and affordable luxury hotels, educational facilities, healthcare centres, a waterfront shopping mall and a wide range of leisure choices. All these key components of this world-class development are designed as inter-connected districts, around waterfronts and green boulevards, it stated.
The project stretches from the banks of the Dubai Creek, through central parcels of land linked to Al Khail Road and across Ras Al Khor. It serves as a modern architectural continuum from Dubai Creek to the modern business and lifestyle centres of the city today.
The distinguishing feature of the development is its focus on creating distinctive neighbourhoods, which are pedestrian friendly. It will be supported by several sustainable transport modes including a direct link with Dubai Metro’s Red and Green Lines, an eco-tram system, light monorail, and water taxis, said the Emaar statement.
The sweeping waterfront of the project lined by retail, commercial and residential zones will be built around two central parks. The ‘green’ theme will further resonate in several environmental-friendly features including eco-resorts, water features, and gardens.
A number of small marinas will also be developed across the waterfront, providing the entire spectrum of lifestyle choices for residents and visitors, they added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals