Hill wins Qatar museum contract
Doha, October 13, 2013
Hill International, a leading construction risk manager, has won a contract to provide construction management services for the new National Museum of Qatar.
The four-year contract was awarded by Qatar Petroleum and has an estimated value of QR82.7 million ($22.7 million), said a statement.
The new museum has been designed by architect Jean Nouvel is inspired by the desert sand rose and grows organically around the former palace.
The institution will celebrate the culture, heritage and future of Qatar and its people. It reflects and belongs to a new era in Qatari prosperity, the country's prominent role in the Arabian Gulf community and its world standing, said the statement.
The existing Qatar National Museum is currently closed and the new museum which is already under construction is scheduled to open in 2015.
"We are honoured to have been chosen to assist with the construction of this iconic monument to the nation and people of Qatar," said Raouf S Ghali, president of Hill's Project Management Group (International). - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan