Hyder Consulting opens design centre in Amman
Amman, October 20, 2013
Hyder Consulting’s new design centre in Amman was officially opened by the Jordanian Minister of Trade and The Baroness Morris of Bolton, the UK Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Jordan, today (October 20).
Sir Alan Thomas, chairman of Hyder Consulting and Wael Allan, regional managing director of Hyder Consulting Middle East attended the event.
This new addition to Hyder’s global chain of excellence centres further enhances the company’s Middle East operational presence, said a statement.
The Amman design centre currently houses highways and drainage expertise and will accommodate Hyder’s expanding diversity of expert knowledge as the business continues to grow and win work in new market sectors, it said.
“Hyder plays a pivotal role in the local community, creating work and prosperity for Jordanian engineers and designers. The new Amman design centre reaffirms the company’s continued commitment to the Middle East region and its reputation as a long established, trusted organization delivering high quality engineering to clients across the region,” said the statement.
Hyder has built its global reputation for excellence in railway, bridge, tunnelling, water, wastewater and property engineering over two centuries. In 2014, the company will celebrate its 110th year of operations in the Middle East. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014
- Abu Dhabi’s project spend ‘to top $100bn’
- Israel, Jordan and Palestine ink landmark water deal
- Bahrain wastewater treatment plant upgraded
- Depa names new board directors