Investcorp buys $250m US real estate assets
New York, November 5, 2013
Bahrain-based Investcorp said on Tuesday that it has acquired a group of offices and retail properties in the United States for $250 million.
The investment firm's US-based real estate arm bought high-end offices and retail space in greater Chicago, Los Angeles, Minneapolis and New York, the company said in a statement.
The properties are a total of more than 1.6 million sq ft and have a combined occupancy rate of about 92 per cent, Investcorp said.
Investcorp has been buying into the US real estate market, and announced the acquisition of five properties for $100 million in December 2012.
The company has acquired more than 200 properties since 1995, with a total value of about $10 billion, it said. It currently has more than $4 billion of property and debt funds under management.
Investcorp is one of the several investors who have expressed a preliminary interest in buying a stake in Italian fashion house Versace, according to sources.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed