JEC awards $44m Saudi tower contract
Jeddah, November 5, 2013
Jeddah Economic Company (JEC), chaired by Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, has signed up top British company EC Harris Mace to provide project management services for its Kingdom Tower project, which on completion will become the world’s tallest tower standing tall at over 1000m.
The SR162 million ($44.1 million) contract includes the management of all aspects of the project’s delivery with specific emphasis on the management of program and cost.
Commenting on the progress, JEC board member Talal Al Maiman said about 80 per cent of the piling works at the Kingdom Tower site had been completed by Saudi Bauer Company and it would be fully over by year end.
The skyscraper is being developed by Saudi Bin Laden Company in Jeddah at a cost of around SR4.6 billion ($1.2 billion).
Speaking at the board meeting, Prince Alwaleed said: “This contract further confirms that the Jeddah project continues on its strategic path.”
The meeting was attended by Shadi Sanbar, CFO, Mohamed Fahmy, deputy CFO, KHC, Sadik Afzal from Abrar Holding Company, . Naiem Waziri of Saudi Bin Laden Group, Majid Al Toukhi, the director of Business Development & Operations, KRED, Bashar Kayyali, the consultant to KRED and Fahad Bin Saad Bin Nafel, the executive assistant to Prince Alwaleed.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: tallest tower |
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes