Saudi Build 2013 draws 23,000 visitors
Riyadh, November 11, 2013
Saudi Build 2013, the 25th international construction technology and building materials exhibition, concluded recently after attracting over 23,000 trade visitors in Riyadh.
Organised by Riyadh Exhibitions Company at the Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Center, the premier trade show saw the participation of over 850 exhibitors from more than 35 countries across an exhibition space of 20,000 sq m.
Inaugurated by Abdullah Bin Abdulrahman Al Mogbel, the Mayor of Riyadh, the four-day event served as the perfect platform to shed light on the numerous investment opportunities in Saudi Arabia’s construction sector.
The event also highlighted the strong support that Saudi Arabia extended to this sector, which has been a key factor in drawing regional and international investments. Saudi Build is the only construction trade show in Saudi Arabia accredited by UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry.
Saudi Build presented a leading comprehensive platform with two specialized concurrent events, namely Saudi Build: The PMV Series 2013 – the third international exhibition for construction equipment, plant, machinery and vehicles; and Saudi Stone-Tech – the 16th international stone and stone technology & machinery exhibition.
The event gathered top distributors, suppliers, manufacturers, specifiers, agents and engineers from across Saudi Arabia and the world.
Pierre Prunis, commercial counsellor at the Austrian Embassy in Riyadh, said, “Saudi Build has always been an important pillar for specialized Austrian companies planning to tap into the various opportunities within the lucrative Saudi construction market.
“Trade between Austria and Saudi Arabia is currently valued at 1 billion euros ($1.33 billion), with Austrian exports at 540 million euros and poised for a 40 per cent increase in the coming years. We are keen on furthering this cooperation by utilizing premier specialized platforms as Saudi Build.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract